Wednesday, December 23, 2015

That Ol' Throwback Kinda Love

So, I was talking to my girl friend the other day, and we heard this classic R&B single by Karyn White, "Can I Stay With You", come on the radio.  Oh, we threw our hands in the air like we were in church, and Karyn was the pastor! *Preach!!!* That song brought back so many memories! "Never felt so good before, never dreamed I would explore, making love in the positions that you've got me doing...."  We continued to talk and reminisce as the song played, and the subject of "old loves" became the topic of conversation.

Now, I'm going to be honest. My girl Lisa and I did some HEAVY dirt back in the day!  I wouldn't say we were hoes back then, but uhh....we were hoes back then! lol! But tasteful, tactful hoes, though! We're reformed hoes now, as we've put all of that way, way behind us, but sometimes, it does feel good to reminisce.  One rule I had back in the day, though, was to never sleep with the same person too many times, because you will most definitely "catch feelings", and falling in love was not the name of the game.  Still, sometimes it happened, and we definitely had friends that we caught feelings for...

So, Lisa tells me that one of her "old flames" had sent her an email, and that they had been chatting back and forth via email and texts, and sometimes by phone.  She's married now (we both are), and as much as she loves her husband, she confesses to me that she has never stopped loving her old flame.  He was such a special part of her life. He helped her through some very traumatic moments in her life, and he's always been her ideal man.  Due to circumstances beyond both their control, their lives took separate directions, and they both ended up marrying different people. Yet he's always held a special place in Lisa's heart.

via GIPHY

She hasn't made a move yet...so this story is subject to change at any moment. And I most definitely will keep you updated.

Do you have an old flame that still burns in your heart?
#WeGottaTalk
 

No comments:

Post a Comment