Tuesday, January 26, 2016

I Gotta Bone to Pick...

I was on my way to work this morning, and sitting at a stop light, I saw one of my mother's good friends pass on the highway.  I got tickled to myself as I saw her, thinking about the many crazy things that she has been known to do and say, including lies that she has told about one of my friends and myself! I was tickled at first, but then, the more I thought about it, the more I realized how much just looking at her pissed me off! Then I realized, damn, I've held a grudge against this woman for almost 20 years! LOL! And I was cool with it...She'd just better be glad I was a RESPECTFUL teen at the time, and I wasn't old enough to check her ig'nant azz...

via GIPHY
Then I thought about the old man from my neighborhood that came to my job and accused my boyfriend and I of passing him a counterfeit $100 bill. Now, keep in mind that this man has known me MY WHOLE LIFE! Hell, my father even shot at him some years before I was born (yes, Pops was a G)! So, this man knows my family well.  So for him to "come for me" was a total surprise! Not to mention that I work a GOVERNMENT job, and here he is, accusing me of passing counterfeit money! Out of respect, I didn't curse him, as much as I wanted to, but I did calmly explain to him that
the day that he claims I passed him a fake $100 (to make change), I was in another county, saying farewell to one of my BEST friends, who was being removed from life support.  But because the young woman had a similar build to mine, and drove the same car, he said that it was me. Needless to say, about a week or so later, the story on the front page of the paper was of a couple going around passing counterfeit $100s, and neither of them were my boyfriend (at the time), or myself.  Now, did this man come back and apologize to me? Hell no.  Did he send an apology via my mom or ANYONE else? Hell no.  So, believe me, when the old man kicked dirt, I was still holding one helluva grudge!

Me, staring at the funeral procession from the old man's home, still mad! lol!
#PettyDotCom

Have you ever had, or are still holding a grudge against someone? Why?
#WeGottaTalk

No comments:

Post a Comment