Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Why I'm Pissed at Cardi B

Cardi and her historic Grammy win via E! news
 I AM MAD AT YOU BELCALIS MARLENIS ALMANZAR CEPHUS!

On the same day that Cardi wins a Grammy, being the first solo female to win Best Rap Album in a genre and category dominated by men, her daughter Kulture finally says "momma", and then...and then...Cardi deletes her IG. And I am pissed. Thank you, social media trolls and bullies! 

First of all, I don't know why anyone goes out of there way to go to a  person's page that they don't like just to comment all that negativity and vitriol.  If I don't like you, why would I even go to your page?  Folks go all out of their way to comment from outside a club that they can't even get in.  For whyyyyyyyy???  Cardi B has deleted her page because of social media bullying, particularly, people popping off about her Grammy win, saying that she didn't deserve it.  Well, guess what?  Millions of people thought she did.  To win in a male dominated field and category should be considered an honor, but the trolls only see that their favorite didn't win.  They are mad because she won. They are mad because Offset supported his wife on stage. They are mad at everything she does. And they bully. And they bully. And. They. Bully.

I saw one comment that said that, in reference to scenes from the rapper Blueface's song with Cardi, that "that's all she's good for...being a stripper hoe and fake rapper".  Well, let me let you in on a lil' secret...last time I checked, dudes were paying to see hoes, not listen to them.  Cardi has made millions because people love HER and her MUSIC.  These record labels, fashion execs, etc. would not put the money behind Cardi if they didn't believe in her, just like her fans do.  They believe in her, and they support her! They buy the tickets, they buy the music.  Not only is she talented, she is beloved by celebs and non-celebs alike, because unlike some others, she doesn't present herself as "untouchable".  Cardi is truly the #PeoplesChamp!

And another thing you may not know...you can actually like both Cardi and Nicki. No one told you that? Well, like...yeah, you can.  In a male dominated field, how many of you only like 1 male rapper? I love TI, Gucci, Drake, Jay Cole, and 21 Savage. The same goes for women in the industry.  You can like more than one female MC. And if you don't--fine--you don't have to disrespect the others just because they are not your fav! Let's grow up, people!

But as to why I'm pissed at Cardi...Cardi has millions of fans that love and adore her. I'm one of those fans.  I have watched her go from social media, to #LoveandHipHop, to top of the charts, to now winning one of the music industry's highest honors.  My soror is a pastor that loves her. Another is a teacher that loves her. Children love her. Celebs love her. Old people love her. I couldn't be more proud of her if she were my own child.  Yet, to see her give so much power to the haters and trolls of social media is disheartening.  It shows me that no matter how many fans and supporters love her, the haters still have more influence over her than her millions of adoring fans.   It's also disheartening to see how evil social media trolls can be, to seek out a person that does not even know they exist, just to try to degrade them and minimize their accomplishment.  It's sick, and I hope you internet trolls play with matches wearing gasoline draws, you bitches....but I digress.

Cardi, I'm mad at you because you let their hate blind you to your fans love! Fuck 'em! Fuck 'em upside the wall with high heel shoes on!  I know it's hard, but for all the hatred, you have a whole planet that loves and supports you.  #BardiGang...forever!

Come back, Cardi!

#WeGottaTalk

No comments:

Post a Comment